February 22nd, 2017
Meet your composer: Tru Hitz
1. What’s your name: Sibusiso Maseko aka Tru Hitz
2. Where do you come from: Bethal, Mpumalanga
3. How long have you been composing: Well I’ve been involved in music since at a young age but I’d say professionally was 5 years ago
4. What is your creative process? How do you start creating a beat? / How do you start writing lyrics to a beat: I feed from what’s current, draw inspiration from it and curve it with my own signature sound or sometimes work around an artist brief to create a solid masterpiece.
5. What made you chose a career in this field: As cliché as it may sound I was brought up from a music background so it was destined to happen.
6. Did you do any courses for your career field: Not really, but my background in IT definitely made a difference in my journey as a producer.
7. What advice can you give to aspiring composers: It doesn’t only rely on skills, but it also takes networking, building relationships, & and knowing the right people.
8. Which other composer’s or artists have you worked with: Stilo Magolide ,Co Kayn, Zola, Stogie T (Tumi from the volume), Riky Rick, Pitch Black Afro, Youngsta CPT, Street Carnivore, and bands like The Urban Village & Muhle Matthews to name a few.
9. What has been the highlight of your career: It’s hard to pick one, but I’d say having one of the songs I composed on a lotto advert is definitely one of them.